Budapest is a charmingly stately European capital city.
Cut in half by the river Danube, the city of Buda is on one side, Pest the other.
And in the middle of the mighty Danube is perhaps Budapest’s most amazing location – a beautiful park island!
St Margaret’s island, Margitsziget in Hungarian, is connected to the city by a bridge, but is for the most part a pedestrian area containing recreation and wellness activities.
And in this most fortunate and exclusive of locations is where the Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget calls home!
The tranquility inside is paramount, and it is hard to believe you are in the very center of one of Europe’s most famous bustling cities.
But perhaps the most interesting aspect of the Danubius Health Spa is the respectful attitude and understanding of foreign guests’ needs – see what the resort offers specially for Muslim guests:
Room facilities and amenities
• prayer rug, Holy Koran and compass
• guest information material in Arabic including important phone numbers and main services
• if required the mini bar can be emptied
• Al Jazeera channel is included in the hotel TV offer
• rooms offering reconstructed toilets (to include a bidet) are available
• higher room category or Danube view is also available
• connecting rooms for families can be requested
• there is possibility for closing down a whole floor (south wing)
Bath and treatments
• Exclusive bathing time for women: Monday-Wednesday-Friday 12:00-13:00
• Treatments to meet the religious requirements: covered body surface, women are treated by women, men by men
• Cosmetic and beauty treatments – mainly for women – in a single cabin
• The hairdressers offer private treatment (no-one else present) subject to prior appointment
• a’ la carte menu with seasonal menu is available in Arabic language
• the buffet table and the menus show pork-free and alcohol-free foods with an “Islamic food’ sign or a half moon signage
• no animal fats are used when preparing the foods
• if required, Halal menu is available in a separate room for a minimum of 25 persons
Certainly, the Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget’s location is second to none.
An island of relaxation, of luxury healthy living, and still just a bridge away from exploring Budapest!
The Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget in Budapest, Hungary, is easy to find, but be careful not to confuse it with the Danubius Health Spa Resort Helia!
Here is an interactive map:
The Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget is part of the Danubius Hotels Group, which is the largest hotel group in Hungary, with 56 hotels located in Hungary, Great Britain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Romania: Hotel booking information